Toto toilets are Japanese toilets, which are unique. These toilets boast complete hygiene and mask the toilet sounds with the beautiful noise of chirping birds.
If you plan to buy Toto toilets, you must be wondering how to clean Toto toilet?
We all want a clean environment that is germs free, and that’s what is necessary for toilets. It’s essential to know how to clean toto toilet if you have recently installed it at your home.
Cleaning a toilet is essential to prevent any transmission of germs. Toto toilets do offer self-cleaning features and are known as bidet toilets or washlets.
These toilets have warm seats, automatic sprays, auto flush, auto air purifiers, and deodorization. They were first manufactured during 1980, new features were added in toto toilets for advanced functions.
80% of households in Japan have now installed Toto-toilets.
So, let’s jump on how to clean the Toto toilet? What should be used to clean the bathroom? We have also discussed the step-by-step guide to clean toto toilets and all related queries.
Table of Contents
- 1 How Often Should We Clean Our Toto Toilet?
- 2 Does My Toto Toilet Clean Itself?
- 3 What Can I Use To Clean Toto Toilet?
- 4 How To Clean Toto Toilet in 10 Minutes?
- 5 Products We Should Avoid For Cleaning a Toto Toilet
- 6 Conclusion
How Often Should We Clean Our Toto Toilet?
How to clean toto toilet 2021 and how often it is a common question. It mainly depends on how often you are using the product and how many individuals are using it.
It’s possibly a great idea to clean it daily, on alternate days or weekly, to maintain super hygiene standards.
For instance, a house with two people living in it and using toto toilet five to six times daily should consider cleaning it at least two times each week.
A household with five or more than five people living in it should consider cleaning it daily to maintain hygiene standards. The better and regular cleaning with standard products keeps your Toto toilet clean.
How to clean toto toilet is to wipe your washlet with a wet and soft cloth. Wring the wipe, again and again, using ample amounts of product for regular cleaning.
Suppose the Toto toilet is filthy, then it’s better to use a diluted kitchen cleanser and that too a neutral one using a soft, wet cloth. Clean the solvent thoroughly and use the fabric for 2-3 times and finally polish it.
You must be wondering how to clean the Toto washlet filter. So for that use, a sponge or a toilet brush and use water for cleaning it. Leave the products for 2-3 mins and then flush it thoroughly to achieve a clean look. If you perform regular cleaning, you won’t need to use potent products.
Does My Toto Toilet Clean Itself?
Most of the toto washlets do clean themselves and make things easier. When visualizing on a microscopic level, Toto toilets have a rough ceramic surface, making it prone to accumulating bacteria and waste even when you flush it.
Toto pans are the type of cefiontect toilet as they have a glaze on top of them. This nano-technology offers a protective layer that prevents the accumulation of debris and waste particles.
Toto washlet hard water then makes use of antibacterial, electrolyzed water, which breaks down waste. It’s a fantastic environmental-safe feature.
Toto pans also feature tornado flush, which makes a water whirlpool due to its design and shape. This whirlpool flushing system spins and moves all the dirt away. It ultimately cleans the pan and removes any waste accumulation.
All these features in toto toilets also make this product hygienic, simple, and easy to clean. The Toto washlets spray the entire pan with water. It removes any waste particles and prevents them from sticking inside.
These features make toto toilets efficient enough, and they make sure how to clean toto toilet itself. So, toto is trying hard to prevent the accumulation of waste due to the presence of unique and impressive flushing systems, but still, you must know how to clean toto toilet with efficient products.
If your toto washlet is not working appropriately and it’s not self-cleansing, then go for toto washlet repair. Once you get it repaired, you don’t need to do the extra hard work and wash it thoroughly and maintain cleanliness.
What Can I Use To Clean Toto Toilet?
If you are still wondering how to clean toto toilet, we are here to help you out with the tools and materials you’ll need. Have a look at the requirements:
Tools and Materials
- Pair of rubber gloves
- Plastic apron
- Toilet brush
- gel-based toilet bowl cleaner
- Toto toilet stain removal
- Paper towel
- Clean rags
- Disinfectant for killing germs
How To Clean Toto Toilet in 10 Minutes?
Toto toilets are quite vulnerable, and they are at high risk of spreading typhoid, cholera, and several hygiene-related disorders. It is therefore fundamental that you spend time learning how to clean Toto toilet. Have a look at the complete essential guide to clean Toto toilet.
Clean the Interior of Your Toto Toilet
- Put on your masks, apron, and hand gloves. They are essential for shielding you and protect you from direct contact with the viruses and bacteria. It also protects you from different components of the toilet.
- Now start rubbing the toilet with the help of hot water and sponge. Run hot water on the exterior surface of the toilet. Now scrub all debris from the surface at least two to three times.
- Move to the interior of the toilet once you are done with the outer part. Use a potential toilet cleaner for this job. Take extreme care to avoid missing any part of the bathroom. If you miss any part, then it might lead to the overgrowth of the germs.
- Spray the toilet cleaner on the toothbrush and inner part of the toilet. Now brush it thoroughly for two to three times. Go slowly and gradually as it is the most crucial part.
- Now press on the flush button and remove any persisting debris. For a clearer toilet, try flushing two to three times.
- Finish off cleaning the interior surface with a germ-killing spray. Once you do it, rub the toilet bowl with rags, the target interior, and the toilet’s exterior surface.
- Make use of neutral cleaners with ph7 environmentally friendly and avoid using any bleach or acidic products.
Now Clean Surroundings Of Toto Toilet
- Once you are done with the interior, proceed further and move on to the surrounding areas. Clean the outer space as germs might accumulate there, leading to harmful transmission of bacteria.
- Remove all surrounding things from the toilet, such as toys, tissue boxes, any decoration pieces, and others.
- How to clean the Toto toilet involves wiping off each item separately and thoroughly with spray and clean rags.
- Go to the toilet floor now and spray it with germ-killing spray. Use a brush to scrub the area completely, and then dry it off with clean rags.
Stain Removal From Toto Toilet
- If you have thoroughly cleaned the Toto toilet, it might be germfree, but it seems awkward if the stains are visible. Try eliminating the stains with extra efforts.
- You can make a homemade DIY like mixing vinegar and baking soda. Use this mixture, or you can also opt for commercial products that are too competitive and help stain removal.
- Now scrub the entire area with a brush and rub it off two to three times. Leave the toilet bowl for two to three minutes without touching it so that the solution has maximum effect.
- Now stir the mixture gently till it gives a bubbly effect.
- Leave it unattended for 5-6 minutes and then rinse it with water.
Products We Should Avoid For Cleaning a Toto Toilet
If you plan on how to clean the Toto toilet, you must be aware that you should only use neutral products.
Avoid using any acidic products like using vinegar alone or making use of lemon juice. Avoid using any bleach for cleaning and maintaining Toto washlets.
Acidic or alkaline products can damage the structure of the Toto toilet. These products can also destroy the eye clear cover in some models which detect the person sitting over it.
It will make the plastic window somewhat misty, which does not allow the Toto toilet to identify the users coming near to them. This eye is also essential in recognizing the opening and closing of the Toto washlets.
Toto toilets are an innovation in our ordinary homes. Unlike the standard toilets, we don’t need toilet rolls in these washlets as they are incorporated with a bidet that cleans our genitals and helps us get rid of wastes.
However, it might lead to the transmission of diseases due to the accumulation of waste products in small toilets’ small areas. Therefore essential that you must know how to clean toto toilet.
Cleaning and maintenance of Toto toilets need your keen attention. Clean your toilets precisely at least two to three times weekly if your household includes two persons living together.
If you wait for an extended period, the dirt and waste might accumulate and harden, which means you require extra effort and more time.
I hope this guide helps in cleaning and maintaining germs free Toto toilets.