When you are cleaning a dirty toilet, there are some things which you should never forget. For instance, you are cleaning a dirty toilet base, but you forget about how to clean toilet seat hinges.
We need to make sure to clean the toilet seat hinges corrosion. Like the famous meme this year- the itsy bitsy spider came up the water spout, out came the gun and wiped the fucker out!
Your neat and clean washroom or toilet can be an impression of your personality.
A big shoutout to all those who are planning on how to clean toilet seat hinges 2023. Look no further and read out the next thing we have discussed for you.
Table of Contents
- 1 How to Clean Toilet Seat Hinges 2023?
- 2 Cleaning Supplies
- 3 Step by Step Guide/Procedure
- 4 How Can I Stop My Toilet Seat Hinges from Rusting? – 7 Tips
- 5 How to Remove Rust From Toilet Seat Hinges?
- 6 Conclusion
How to Clean Toilet Seat Hinges 2023?
If you are a regular cleaner and you carefully clean the toilet tank, seat, and bowl. Keep in mind that the dirt and the germs still collect around the toilet seat hinges.
This results in toilet seat hinge corrosion. Have you been praying to God how to clean toilet seat hinges?
Then don’t worry, God has undoubtedly heard you as we are here with the ultimate guide that helps you in keeping the toilet seats clear.
Toilet seats are fixed over two bolts, one over each side of the seat hinge. These bolts are covered by a plastic cover that traps most of the green.
You must be wondering how to remove green from toilet seat hinges. It’s easy to access, so no worries.
For how to clean toilet seat hinges, you need the following cleaning supplies:
- Baking soda
- Flathead screwdriver
- The soft type of scouring liquid
- Old toothbrush
- Disinfecting wipes
- rags/ clean and scratch-free sponge
Step by Step Guide/Procedure
Have a look at the step-by-step guide on how to clean toilet seat hinges:
Open the Plastic Cover
First, close down the toilet seat cover. Now open up the plastic hinge cover to make sure the screws are now visible.
You can also open them with your fingers. However, you can also make use of a flathead screwdriver for sliding between both hinge halves.
If you don’t have much time on how to clean toilet seat hinges, you can also clean the exposed hinges.
If you are planning to invest energy and time, make use of a screwdriver to remove the bolts that attach the seat cover with the toilet bowl.
Removing the toilet seat is the best way if you are planning on deep cleaning and removing the toilet seat hinges corrosion.
Once you have removed the lid, now access the ledge present underneath the toilet reservoir and the portions hidden with hinges.
Now that you can run into space underneath the toilet tank, wrap the screwdriver with the disinfecting wipes.
Run the screwdriver several times until you have all the green and the rust that accumulates in this area.
Now wipe the entire area covered with the hinges using a rag soaked in soft soaring liquid.
Combine Both Vinegar and Baking Soda
Now add 1 part of vinegar and 2 parts of baking soda in a bowl.
Make use of an old toothbrush to combine both of them and form a paste. You can also use scouring scrub in the same way.
Rub this paste over the open hinge and also around the base of the hinge.
Scrub this paste over the hinge area with the help of a soft old toothbrush.
It prevents you from scratching the hinge or the porcelain of your toilet.
The old toothbrush serves well for this purpose and allows you to quickly move the hinge hardware.
It effectively removes the green and corrosion from the hidden hinge areas.
After scrubbing the hinge areas, now rinse the paste while using clear water.
Now wipe the interior side of the hinge, making it completely dry. This is how to remove rust from toilet seat hinges.
Now wipe the exterior part of the hinge and the surrounding toilet rims while using the scouring paste.
If you have stubborn stains on the toilet seat or inner parts, make use of the same solution and let it stay for 20-30 minutes.
This will help you in getting rid of the stains without any damage to the seat.
Rinse the entire toilet with clean water. Now wipe dry the whole toilet to remove toilet hinges rusting.
For an additional easy clean toilet seat hinge, you can place your toilet seat cover within the basin containing 10% bleach for around 10 minutes.
I helps in killing all the germs over the toilet seat surface, giving it a different sheen look.
Once you are done with it, wipe the entire area with a wet rag, and remove all the cleaning agents.
Enjoy your sparkling toilet seat clean and fresh. Fix your butts in the toilet seat and feel the clean, fresh feel.
How Can I Stop My Toilet Seat Hinges from Rusting? – 7 Tips
- The first and the most important tip while how to clean toilet seat hinges is to avoid using stiff brushes or hard abrasives.
- These hard abrasives can damage the finish of your porcelain toilet, making them rough.
- If your toilet seats have metal screws, then consider replacing them with plastic screws. The plastic screws do not rust and do not chip the porcelain away.
- Suppose you use a toilet cleaner to regularly cleaning the toilet seat. It’s better to avoid the contact of caustic cleaning agents and chlorine-containing agents to be in touch with toilet seat hinges.
- These chemical agents can damage the plastic hinges and result in airborne rust. Therefore, you must keep the toilet seat in an upright position.
- You can use a pumice stone for yellowish streaks or limestone deposits to remove the stains while using soap and vinegar solution.
- Please avoid leaving any moisture over the toilet seat as it might damage your toilet.
- Finish the cleaning process by drying the toilet exterior with a soft and dry cloth.
How to Remove Rust From Toilet Seat Hinges?
Before you plan on how to clean toilet seat hinges, wear a pair of rubber gloves that offer protection to your hands and prevent any transmission of bacteria.
Get started while pushing all the water out from the toilet bowl using the toilet brush.
It makes your cleaning process more comfortable and more efficient without being diluted.
Unlike the plastic hinges that do not rust or corrode, metallic seat hinges can rust and then fall off.
If you are a creepy water lover, then indeed your toilet seat hinges will be exposed to air and moisture, leading to green stains.
If you don’t take preventive measures regularly, the tarnish will completely cover the toilet seat hinges and stain the entire toilet bowl.
How to remove rust from toilet seat hinges includes the following cleaning supplies:
- Coarse rag
- Ammonia solution
- Dishwashing liquid
- How to clean metal toilet seat hinges is a straightforward and straightforward procedure, so don’t panic.
- Remove the toilet seat hinge similar to the step1 described earlier.
- Clean the toilet seat hinges in a soapy hot water solution.
- Now scrub it while using the coarse rags to remove all the stubborn stains.
- Dishwashing liquid also works well for the metallic seat hinges.
- Heat the vinegar in the microwave for 1 minute and mix salt in it.
- Now rub this paste all over the toilet seat hinges and clean it. This helps in removing the tarnish.
- Rinse the pasta from the hinges using clean water and wipe it with a soft cloth.
- Use equal parts of ammonia and hot water. Now mix and scrub the toilet seat hinges with this solution.
- You can use plastic scrubbers to remove the tarnish stains.
- Rinse the toilet seat and toilet bowl while using clean water. Remove the traces of ammonia.
- You can use plastic replacement hinges for toilet seats, or you can reattach the metallic ones.
- Wipe the metallic hinges with a clean rag that is soaked in ammonia solution to prevent tarnish buildup.
Cleaning your toilet is essential, yet one of the odorous household chores.
If you plan to enjoy fixing your butt in the cleanest toilet seat, you must know how to clean toilet seat hinges.
If your kids are naughty and pee over the seat, you can surely remind them regularly that if they pee over the toilet seat, you’ll scrub it with their toothbrush!
For the simple fix, if you plan to achieve a fresh toilet that seems clean, then definitely follow this simple guide for a new, clean toilet.
Leave a Reply